Jana Maria Wilms
Freelance Journalist, Artist Manager & Creative Consultant
Get in touch: email@example.com
be kind. to yourself, each other & earth. – my own personal guideline on how I approach life and work.
Music, fashion and beauty are important creative outlets and can give us an escape in times like 2020, where we are collectively trying to beat a pandemic (and many other things). However, long before these current issues, I have been devoting my personal time into creating conversations on how to work as a big, worldwide team to make earth a better place. This personal change I would like to translate into my work life too. Since 2019, I am an Advisor for iCope, which is a service that offers treatment for a range of psychological problems. Together we promote Mental Health as a whole to ultimately reduce stigma and misunderstanding around it.
What’s important to me is pretty simple: For all of us to recognize that we are all human. We are all vital members of our society (go vote!) and we have to work harder towards creating a better environment for everyone, while breaking down issues like the climate crisis, inequality or injustice. Each one of us has their individual struggles, but if we are kind to each other, we can all get so much further together.
Here’s a little insight into my own world:
- I love, love, love dogs. And my labradors Nando (2003-2018, left) and Aris (right) are the best – sorry!
- Born and adopted in Germany. Lived in California and London and my (international) family is so diverse that being liberal is truly what I was born with.
- I enjoy reading classics, but dystopian and utopian novels, as well as AI-related books, fascinate me.
- Been horseback riding since I was a little child and after I have fully recovered from a recent accident, I will get back into it more – much to the dismay of my parents. Statistically speaking though, two rather severe accidents in over 20 years isn’t that bad?
- Planetariums are so much fun to explore and truly show how we’re just one tiny, but unique, piece in this ever expanding universe.
Currently: CALEO, Electric Feel & WW (Weight Watchers) Magazine, Farfetch
Previously: Lyst, Net-a-Porter, Superior
researching and writing bespoke Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle features
advertorials and promotions
translating content (English-German & German-English)
for brands, companies and people
Currently: Kojo Samuel, Cabal Collective
Previously: Dela Éva
online and offline communication strategies
social media management, content creation & cooperations
image and identity building, branding and reorientation
PR and Marketing development, integration and analysis
corporate communication (creative guidelines, visual and textual representation, media kits, events, print materials)
establishing and executing creative campaigns
Previously: Cadet, Sarkodie, floss, Seann Miley Moore
support and develop the artist’s creative vision (A&R)
image building & branding
establishing and executing PR & Marketing strategies
organizing music videos and photoshoots
digital and social content creation & management
press releases and kits
event planning (release parties e.g.)
book shows/tours and work with production teams
managing calendars, itineraries, contracts, royalties etc.